For the longest time, I’ve held the belief that there are 3 key practices that are foundational to creating a Magical Life.
But lately, I’ve come to realize that there is a 4th necessary element that may be missing in many of our lives.
I made this discovery while working with many of my life-coaching clients. They were getting really deliberate and mindful about their daily movement and meditation, drinking water, eating healthy foods, but still, there seemed to be something missing.
And that missing element turned out to be an outlet for creativity.
I invite you to think about that and notice if and how you’re expressing yourself creatively.
Just like movement and meditation – if you’ve only got 5 minutes, spend 5 minutes.
* Put pen to paper and write – make a list of all the places in the world you’d love to visit
* Work on a jigsaw or crossword puzzle
* Pick up a few containers of play dough
* Doodle in a notepad
* Plant some flowers
* Open a tray of watercolor paints
* Pick up a coloring book
* Strum a guitar, play a keyboard, bang a bongo
* Play with yarn and knitting needles
* Make a fairy house in the nook of a tree
* Try a new recipe
…and then notice.
Notice what happens and how do you feel when you start getting deliberate about bringing creativity into your life. Perhaps this new practice ignites something that may have been dormant within you for a while.
I can’t wait to hear if discovering creative outlets that feed your soul, creates more Magic in your life!